Last revised January 3, 2020
Thank you for visiting our Web sites, which include GovX.com, related subdomains, services, websites, and tools ("Site"), owned and/or operated by GovX. "GovX" or "we," "us," "our" and similar references, as used herein, refer to GovX, Inc., and its subsidiaries, divisions and affiliates.
To ensure transparency with respect to our systems, methods, and policies we have identified for you the type of data and information we collect from visitors and how we use and disclose it, along with the important steps we take to protect your privacy.
ACKNOWLEDGMENT AND ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
PARTICIPATING PARTNER POLICIES
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND WHY?
We collect certain information from and about our users in three ways (in addition to the usage tracking described below): (i) directly from our Web server logs, (ii) with “cookies,” and (iii) from users.
(I) INFORMATION COLLECTED FROM WEB SERVER LOGS
When you visit our Site, we may collect and track information to administer the site and analyze its usage by you. Examples of information we may track include:
- Your Internet protocol (IP) address
- The kind of browser or computer you use
- Number and type of links you click within the site
- City, state or country from which you accessed the site
- Date, time and length of your visit
- Name of your Internet service provider
- Web page from which you linked to our site
- Pages you viewed on the site
We use this information to give you access to and improve our service, for example, to improve our user interface or detect fraudulent or malicious activity.
(II) INFORMATION COLLECTED FROM COOKIES
In addition, we display interest-based advertising or content on the Site largely associated with our products and services using information you make available to us when you interact with our Site, content, or services. Interest-based advertising and content, also sometimes referred to as personalization or targeting, are displayed to you based on information from activities such as purchasing on our Sites, visiting sites that contain our content or ads, interacting with our tools, or using our payment services. Cookies enable us to learn about what ads you see, what ads you click, and other actions you take on our sites and other sites. This allows us to provide you with more useful and relevant ads and recommendations to enhance your user experience.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. If you reject cookies by changing your browser settings then be aware that this may disable some of the functionality on our Site.
(III) USER'S PERSONAL INFORMATION.
WHEN DO WE COLLECT THIS INFORMATION?
We collect personal information when you use or access our Site, including when you browse the Site, sign up or make a purchase.
WHEN AND WHY DO WE SHARE THIS INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES?
Furthermore, we will not disclose personally identifiable information that we collect from you (including documents you provide to us) to third-parties without your permission, except to the extent necessary to:
- Verify your current and/or retired status with the associated U.S. Military or Federal, state or local government agency, directly or through a government employee identification service (collectively, “Verification Sources”). We may reaffirm or re-verify your status with the Verification Sources as needed or required.
- To fulfill your service/order requests and provide customer service
- Communicate with you, including for our marketing purposes
- To protect ourselves from liability
- To respond to legal process or comply with law, or
- Consummate a merger, acquisition, liquidation or other material corporate transaction affecting us or the Site.
We may employ certain technologies that allow us to count users who have visited certain pages of the Site using Google Analytics or other third-party tracking services, and we may track where our users travel across the web. When tracking users across the web, we do not collect personally identifiable information. Some of these tracking technologies may be placed or used by third-party service providers like Google to help determine the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns, report on audience data (such as age, gender, interests) which in some cases may be supported by third-party audience data, design interface or quantify usage or Site traffic and to show ads to our users across the web. We prohibit the use of technologies to surreptitiously collect or access your personal information. We may track non-personal information about your visit, including the domain name and the name of the Web page from which you entered our Site, how much time you spent on each of our pages, and the IP address associated with your computer or through Site analytics software such as Google Analytics, we may obtain data such as age, gender, and interests. We may, or we may engage the service of third-parties to, also use certain technologies that allow us to count users who have visited certain pages and to track the online behavior of users across the web for use in, for example, retargeting. On-site data collected is used to improve the performance and operation of the Site. In addition, we may share aggregate, anonymous information about our users with third-parties and other marketing partners. This information does not identify individual users and we will not share that personally identifiable information with these third-parties, except as noted in paragraph (iii) PERSONAL INFORMATION, above.
E-MAIL COMMUNICATIONS AND OPTING OUT
We use e-mail addresses and mailing addresses to send out newsletters, new product announcements, ticketing and event information and other announcements with information about our products, services and features. In addition, sometimes we send offers, promotions and other communications to our Members or selected Member groups on behalf of third-parties that have a relationship with us. When we do this, we do not give such third-parties your name and address or any other personally identifiable information. To help us measure the usefulness and interest in the information we send, we often receive a confirmation that you received our email and opened it, if your computer supports such capabilities. If you receive an e-mail and want to avoid further messages, please look at the end of the e-mail for instructions on how to remove yourself from our Member mailing list.
Any information you submit on the Site as a review, testimonial or other posting or in a public forum (e.g. a blog, chat room, or social network) is not private and can be read, collected, or used by us and others, and could be used to personalize your experience. You are responsible for the information you choose to submit in these instances.
We take your security seriously and take steps to protect your information. However, no data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk. We take reasonable, appropriate steps to protect against unauthorized access to, and disclosure of, personal information. Once we receive your transmission, we make reasonable efforts to ensure security on our systems. However, we cannot guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of any firewalls or secure server software we may employ. Our employees who handle confidential or proprietary information belonging to us or our customers and Site Members must treat it accordingly and are instructed not disclose it to unauthorized third-parties. We are not responsible for the activities of third-party unauthorized users, hackers or other individuals who gain unauthorized access to the Site and information therein.
California law permits residents who have provided personal information to us to view the data we have collected, to request information about disclosure of personal information to third-parties and to request we delete their personal information.
- Any member may view the personal information we have collected from them in their online account at https://www.govx.com/customer/details
- As detailed above, our policy is to not disclose or sell personal information collected online or otherwise for any third-party's direct marketing purposes. As an additional measure, users may contact us at WeGotYourBack@govx.com to request information about disclosure of personal information and that their account records be noted that they have specifically opted-out of such disclosures.
- If you wish to delete your personal data, you may initiate a request directly from your online account or by emailing us at WeGotYourBack@govx.com. To expedite the process, please use the subject line “Request to delete personal information”. In both cases, we will send you an email asking you to verify your request. For security purposes, you must have access to your primary email address on file in order to verify your identity.
YOUR INFORMATION AND PREFERENCES
You may view, change and correct your personal information and account preferences in your online account. Furthermore, you may choose to opt-out of e-mails from us by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link in the email or by contacting us.
CHANGES TO THIS STATEMENT
9191 Towne Center Drive, Suite 210
San Diego, CA 92122
© 2020 GovX, Inc. All rights reserved.